- Knowledge of Unix is required to be able to understand the Co. Unix environment and the tasks performed by our Unix L2 team
- Understanding of SAN and NAS technologies
- The ability to lead investigations of issue that arise and also review root cause analyse performed by L2, along with being able to perform actual root cause analyse where required
- Good communication skills is required, as the role involves not only working with our Managed Service teams management but also our customers within Co.
- A level of Business analyse is an advantage, as the role also requires reviewing and investigating Unix metrics on a monthly basis, checking where potential issues can arise and where improvements can be made
- Good Presentation skills is required to review and present the monthly reports to ECRMT and L3 Management
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well within a team environment
- The individual should have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks at the same time
Team & Role
- Part of the Enterprise Computing Resource Management Team (ECRMT) who oversee the contract with our outsource partners who provide a managed service for our L1 and L2 teams across EC.
- Specific focus on the Unix L2 team, who are approx. 80 SAs based in Bangalore, India and Halifax, Canada, who perform approx. 350 service catalogued tasks across Unix, storage and virtualization and have a throughput of on average 6,000 man hours of work per month
- Work with the global Unix and Storage L3 teams to investigate escalation data and work with both Unix and Storage L2 and L3 Management teams to streamline processes and update L2 Procedures.
- Identify areas within Unix and Storage L2 to improve business results.
- Occasionally work directly with Unix, Storage and Virtualization engineering teams to fix procedural issues and stream line tasks