- Design and develop complex ETL using SAS programming language and SAS tools
- Execute unit tests and validate expected results; iterating until test conditions have passed.
- Perform problem assessment, resolution and documentation in existing SAS processes.
- Modify existing SAS code to provide defect fixes for existing ETLs.
- Troubleshoot defects to determine root cause
- Performance tune the ETL process and recommend and implement ETL tuning techniques.
- 10+ years of development experience
- 5+ years SAS development experience (Base SAS, SAS Macro, Proc SQL ...)
- 5+ years of experience developing in a UNIX environment which includes UNIX scripting
- Development Experience with scheduling software such as Control-M
- Experience in managing very large amounts of data (i.e. 100 s of GBs)
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Have solid experience writing SQL queries and Oracle.
- Have experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, manage and work on multiple tasks in order to meet key milestones and deadlines.