Roles & Responsibilities:
- Codes, tests and develops relatively complex applications in complex environments (RPG and ILE RPG on System I) (must have)
- Documents properly code by applying the defined standards. (must have)
- Participates in impact analysis and technical analysis (decoupling, sequence diagram, class diagram). (must have)
- Participates in the evaluation of the required efforts in order to achieve valid estimates and reports the differences during the realization period. (must have)
- Creates and maintains test data (unit). (must have)
- Performs unit testing, integrated testing and supports functional testing in accordance with the methodology and processes in place. (must have)
- Participates and supports the different other tests (performance, systems and acceptance). (must have)
in deliveries (configuration management) and implementations. (must have)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in ILE RPG programming and concepts (modules, program service, procedure); (must have)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in structured programming (RPG IV) on System i; (must have)
- Good knowledge of 'System i' operating system; (must have)
- Experience with development tools and collaboration tools (IDE such as WDSC or SEU, source control as MKS Implementer, defects management or change requests such as HP Quality Center or Version One ... etc); (must have)
- Knowledge of at least (RDBMS) such as Oracle, MSSQL, DB2), and the structured query language (SQL); (must have)
- Experience in the development of distributed applications; (must have)
- Knowledge of programming ASSET System i (nice to have);
- Knowledge of SDLC (nice to have);
- Knowledge of unified object modeling notation (UML) (nice to have);
- Experience in XML and related technologies such as XML schemas, XML namespaces, xpath, xslt (nice to have)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (programming).
- Have experience of projects involving multidisciplinary teams (architects, analysts, IT developer, QA, etc.)
- Being good with interpersonal communications.
- Maintains good relationships with colleagues
- Ability to learn and to adapt
- Demonstrates autonomy
- Be result oriented
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Knowledge of general insurance (nice to have);
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or less education combined with relevant experience.