Engine Controls Engineer, PA
· Skilled control systems engineering professional to support designing, developing and testing aspects of Engine Management, Diagnostics, Human-Machine-Interface & Control systems for Locomotives and Marine & Stationary platforms, support, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
· Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, Lab View, MS Visio, DOORs, Protocols like- Ethernet, Modbus, Arcnet, CAN, 802.3, 802.11
1. Define and document all aspects of control systems for Marine & Stationary Engine Controller like Engine Control, Engine Management, Human-Machine-Interface and Interfaces between controllers, Diagnostics Systems.
2. Lead / Participate in product conceptual designs, concept trade off analysis and failure mode analysis.
3. Interact with systems and subsystem teams to define and document sub-system requirements and interfaces.
4. Work with vendors and sourcing to define technical requirements for the product.
5. Support Proposals/Concepts, controls, software, simulator , manufacturing, test and field service groups
6. Develop Validation plans and perform system validation.
7. Provide designs that are robust, that meet cost and reliability targets.
8. Conduct Design reviews; make presentation and status reports to Senior Management.
9. Work with cross-functional & global teams to meet project objectives
10. Develop automated scripts / test bench for validating the controller designs & implementations
11. Develop Labview screens for simulating sensors and reading parameters from engine controllers.
12. Testing of various control algorithm SW on HiL