JOB TITLE : Senior Controls Engineer - Mason, Ohio
PAY RATE : OPEN
PROJECT DURATION : 1+ YEARS
Your Engineering skills are needed just about anywhere. But is it where you want to go? Imagine working for one of the nation's most respected companies. Making a strategic contribution. Receiving the rewards and recognition you deserve.
In this Controls Engineer position, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing various customer manufacturing requirements. We want someone who is capable of performing all Controls Engineering functions including conceptual design, layout design, detail design, and design certification for electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Controls Engineer provides technological evaluation for project problems and provides solutions while working closely with internal engineering groups and 3rd party suppliers.
The ideal Controls Engineer candidate will possess the following experience :
- Interface with other departments within the Company including Sales, Applications Engineering, Order Administration, Manufacturing, Engineering Staff, and Senior Staff. This position has frequent contacts with customers, suppliers, and sales representative
- Required Skills Ability to develop and troubleshoot software for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs). [Preferred platforms are Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, and Omron.]
- Ability to develop control schematics in AutoCad.
- Ability to program robotic automation for manufacturing applications. [Preferred platform is Fanuc robots.]
- Ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical problems.
- Knowledge of robotic systems functionality, such as vision.
- Knowledge of metal cutting machine tools.
- Able to utilize MS Office products such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- The work assignments are project based and required extended periods away from the office.
- Required Experience Bachelor of Sciences in Electrical Engineering [4 year degree preferred]
- 3 to 5 years of experience in industrial automation / manufacturing automation